Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 23 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017

"Young man, if you are not edified by my silence, how can you be edified by my words?"





 Α young monk, hoping to glean sage wisdom, visited a certain staretz who lived alone in a cave atop a mountain. Upon entering the tiny cave, the staretz made the sign of the cross over the young man, gestured for him to sit down, and then resumed his stance in silent prayer.

After many hours of sitting in silence, the young monk, antsy and desirous of spiritual discourse, boldly stated, "Holy Father, I made the difficult journey up this mountain to be with you and be edified with your spiritual knowledge, and yet you persist in silence."

To this the staretz responded, "Young man, if you are not edified by my silence, how can you be edified by my words?"


Fr. John

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: